New Customer Mailing Lists Announcement
Kate Mueller | November 7, 2019
We're always on the look-out for ways to improve our customers' experience. When we were in the midst of turning off support for TLS 1.0 for security reasons, we realized that we don't have an easy way to notify the right people of this kind of technology retirement.
Not everyone logs into KnowledgeOwl every day or even every week, so in-app announcements don't always make it to the folks they need to. And retiring existing features or technologies can require advance notice.
For the TLS 1.0 turndown, we pulled a list of user email addresses from within app.knowledgeowl.com. This worked in a pinch, but since then we've had some customers ask if they could subscribe a shared IT admin account to these notifications without having to have a KnowledgeOwl account for that email address.
It was clear to us that we needed to run this as a separate email list.
At the same time, we (okay, especially me...and Linus) have been looking for ways to get more customers involved in beta testing new features. We get pretty excited to give you new tools and it always helps to get feedback early and often.
We wanted to give you the power to opt in to the notifications you care about.
Here's how you can stay up-to-date on all things KnowledgeOwl:
- Use this sign-up form to opt in to one of our mailing lists to received updates on:
- New blog posts
- Release of new features for beta testing
- Critical Admin Updates (retiring technology or major changes to the way KnowledgeOwl functions that might break integrations or change how you configure your knowledge base)
Even if you previously received the notices about TLS 1.0 being turned off, please subscribe to the new CAU list so you can opt-in to receiving notices like these.
- For site uptime and outages, as well as notice of planned site outages for server maintenance, check out and subscribe to our status page.
- Bug fixes and other releases will continue to be documented in in-app announcements and release notes.
And let us know if there are any other kinds of updates you'd like to receive more information about!