Share information effectively
Build a knowledge base you'll love to use.
No strings attached.
Organize your information any way you want.
- Create as many categories, sub-categories, articles, and levels as you need.
- Use tags to relate articles by terms or phrases.
- Display the same article in multiple categories.
- Share articles and categories across multiple knowledge bases.
- Copy and sync a knowledge base to rebrand for different audiences or clients.
Secure your content to control who can see what.
- Use Single Sign-On (SSO) to authenticate your readers from your own identity provider like Active Directory or Google Apps.
- Set up remote authentication to log in your readers from your own website, application, or other third-party solution.
- Lock down your knowledge base by individual reader logins, shared passwords, or IP address.
- Create your own reader groups to give different people access to different content.
- Manage your users to control who can view, edit, and do what using teams, roles, and permissions.
Help your readers find the right information.
- Allow readers to browse your content using a collapsible table of contents and/or navigable categories.
- Autosuggest relevant articles as reader types in search.
- Filter searches by category or sub-category.
- Augment search using tags and search phrases get readers to the right article.
- Create a glossary and highlight terms for definitions through your knowledge base.
Create content quickly and easily.
- Use our WYSIWYG editor to create articles using common word processor features like headers, lists, and tables.
- Drag and drop files and images directly into your articles.
- Embed videos, PDFs, or other tools by pasting into the source code.
- Create article templates to quickly add new content.
- Utilize global snippets for re-usable text, images, and functionality.
- Download individual article PDFs as well as create custom PDFs or a PDF of your entire knowledge base.
Style your KB to match your brand.
- Use your own custom URL for the domain.
- Customize the logo, colors, fonts, and styles to match your brand.
- Embed your own tools and tracking.
- Ensure your site is mobile-friendly and looks great on all devices.
Engage your audience.
- Allow your readers to comment on articles.
- Collect feedback on articles using stars or thumbs.
- Add a contact form to allow your readers to ask questions or make suggestions.
- Use a blog style category for announcements or changes to keep people up-to-date.
- Use new and updated callout icons to draw attention to important content changes.
Integrate with existing systems.
- Connect your contact form to your help desk or ticketing system.
- Embed our widget into your website or application to provide contextual help.
- Use our open API to pass information in and out of KnowledgeOwl.